Friday, November 19, 2010

dear, jenny....why did you put that wall there?

                                                                                                                   photo by me


Yesterday I hit a wall.  BAM.  I hit it hard and slid down fast.  
If I leave work right on time I can catch the last bit of sunset which, living in Denver usually means it’s beautiful.  clouds like cotton candy.  In my 10 minute drive it goes from sunset to darkness.  The drive in the dark seems to be a bit more peaceful.  Don’t be fooled, I still talk to people…telling them how they are the WORST drivers EVER.
Pot, meet Kettle. 
Tonight I was about a block from my house and I noticed it was really.dark.  It was all dark.  The electricity was out.  At first a bit of panic but then I remembered the last time the electricity went out and decided I could make it work.  Last time it was probably the hottest day of the year, I had a full fridge and two wet loads of laundry.  Thank the Lord for Will&B who live in the burbs.  
I fumbled up my stairs.
Lit some candles.
Put on my camping headlamp & read my new Southern Living.  
The quiet, no computer, phone, tv...best recovery from my smack into the wall.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo :)
    And sometimes quiet and darkness is just what you need after a long day.
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete